- ·Every member must pay an entry fee (Open $40 and Junior $20)
- Single entry's will not be considered for the big 3 team event.
- Single entries must be for solo hunters, if found to be hunting as a team, entrant will be disqualified from the competition.
- Teams are of two to four members only.
- Entry fee for both Open and Junior will increase by $10 after the 19th July.
- Entries close 11:59 pm on Thursday 22rd July.
- Hunting starts at 12.00 am Friday the 23rd of July. Weigh in opens at 11:00 am and vehicles must be in line by 2:00 pm 25th of July, no more entries will be considered after this point.
- All competitors must abide by New Zealand firearm laws.
- All hunting and fishing to be undertaken in a safe and ethical manner
- Where applicable, game licences must be presented in order to weigh in species.
- Permission to access any private land must be obtained and permits for any public land must be held.
- All deer and pigs must have ears and testicles attached.
- All animals must be in a presentable and edible condition.
- No frozen, farmed, trapped or poisoned animals will be accepted, all game must be hunted within the advertised time.
- No female pigs or deer.
- Tahr and chamois are not required to be presented whole, heads only will be accepted.
- All offal must be removed to the scrutineer’s satisfaction.
- Fish must be gutted and gilled and in a presentable state at the weigh in
- A competitor may choose to bring solely a stag/tahr/chamois head to the competition in order to enter it in the categories judging for best head/antlers/horns. By only entering the head the competitor cannot enter any other categories and solely the head categories with the specimen.
- Competitor can weigh in a maximum of two animals only of the same species in each section.
- If two animals are the same weight, the first weighed will collect the prize.
- The minimum weight for boars is 20kg
- Junior is considered Under 16 years of age on the day of the weigh in (27th July 2021)
- Judges decisions are final
- Entrants must be at prize giving to receive prizes
Phone: 027 395 4210